Exprodo Software is growing...
Below are the list of vacancies that are currently available with Exprodo Software. To apply or for further information, please follow the instructions at the bottom of the job description.
Software Support Engineer
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Software Support Engineer to join a successful software company based in Didcot, Oxfordshire that develops and sells specialist software based on their web-based database platform. Our customers are primarily universities and hospitals worldwide.
As a small company this will be a varied role; we need someone to offer customer support to existing customers, configure our software to specific customer requirements, help with end- user documentation and video tutorials and support developers by testing the software.
You will provide an excellent standard of customer service and be able to help customers to understand their technical requirements and assist them in implementation or provide this service.
You will need to help diagnose issues and ensure product quality on a variety of platforms (Windows, Mac and UNIX/Linux and web browsers).
You will be able to work independently and operate as a key member of a team. A flexible attitude and capacity for absorbing information is essential.
For the right individual with a passion to deliver top quality customer service there are excellent opportunities to learn and make a real contribution to the company.
Your day-to-day activities will include:
- Demonstrating the system to potential customers either online or face-to-face;
- Testing new versions of the software;
- Answering incoming technical queries from customers;
- Configuring the company’s software for customers;
- Helping customers understand the software and its application to their situation;
- Creating and publishing end-user documentation;
- Creating and publishing video tutorials;
- Contributing new ideas for improving the software;
- Identifying and recording issues with the software;
- Conducting yourself with due regard to data protection policies.
- A good degree, ideally in a mathematics, science, engineering or IT discipline
- Must be independent, self-motivated, a team player and have a people-orientated personality
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills specific to software related issues
- Good technical writing skills
- Experience of building and configuring database applications
- Experience of using Windows, Mac and Unix/Linux
- Experience of testing software
- Experience of customer support
- Working in a small, friendly team with an opportunity to make a real difference
- Opportunity for occasional travel to conferences worldwide
- Be part of growing company
- Possibility of remote working and flexible hours
- This is a full time position, but part time will be considered for the right candidate
To apply, please send your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com.